Monday, October 18

cut-up (from class)

When life gives you lemons
JOIN THE PARTY
Spectacular showdown!
Stars are going
gone*
Surprised?
living in denial
JOY!
original comedy
OK! or not OK!
How I lost...
Secrets.
Not all love notes are written
IN REHAB.
we worship
THE STORM
oops.
romance -
proven to boost happiness
TOMORROW
pays.


The cut-up project, for me, was interesting. I have done it before without realizing that it was an actual technique. This is the example of the cut-up I did while in class. It turned out kind of humorous. There doesnt seem to be any particular underlying meaning and is quite random. I did not feel as though I was taking another persons work when creating this project. These are simply words or phrases that anyone could have put together. If I had taken parts of longer articles as opposed to just the titles maybe I would feel more need to cite where I got the pieces from. If anything, the cut-up pieces sparked ideas within myself on how to take different meaning of different words in different contexts.
Although this project was very out of my element in the fact that it had to be completely random and I was not to purposely place things in specific places I still enjoyed it. It was something different from the typical writing assignements that are often given in composition courses. Thanks for that Dr. Booher :)

No comments:

Post a Comment