Tuesday, October 5

Cut-Up

To be perfectly honest, I was definitely one of the people who was made uncomfortable by the process of cutting up magazines, and then putting word together into sentences, but doing all of that without any sort of plan or order. Definitely made me uncomfortable.
I had to stop myself several times while we were working in class and just re-jumble up the words I'd cut out because sometimes consciously, sometimes subconsciously, I started putting the words in groupings to try and make some sense out of them.
Despite how uncomfortable it made me, I actually really enjoyed the assignment, both the one we did in class and the final cut-up project, because they both forced me to be uncomfortable in the process of creating something that didn't really make sense, but that I needed to make sense of after the fact. I very much enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment