Wednesday, October 13

Cut-Up Project

Going into the “cut-up” project made me extremely nervous. This emotion is usually absent from my thoughts when writing a paper, but a combination of factors constructed an anxiety that I haven’t felt in years. First off, I always seem to catch a common cold during the climax of each semester. This catching of course is onset by its own set of factors that include stress, lack of sleep, and the joining together of students who are carriers, and ones that are not. Inevitably my immune system is over worked and that common cold turns into an infection of some sort. Cause, I get really sick; effect, I miss class. It just so happened that I missed the majority of the classes that explained this project in more detail. Secondly, the project was pushed back to October 14th, right after fall break. At first this made me really happy when I heard the announcement. Who does homework on a holiday though, I don’t. I enjoyed my break as much as I could, and that meant school did not enter my head at all. This brings me to the last factor of why I became nervous on this project. I will not hide the fact that I am a procrastinator, and I admit that I do it all the time. Although the combination of these three factors made me very nervous, I still had fun with this project. I used Introductions from three books that I am currently reading to develop my own introduction to a fictional book of mine. My project came out very well in my opinion. It seemed to have an easy flow that I did not anticipate. I have to say I was amused at what was developed.

No comments:

Post a Comment