Tuesday, October 5

cut-up!

This is such a very weird way to concoct new ideas in print, film & other media. Burroughs' being a pioneer in this whole ordeal isn't all that surprising; it brings sense to the film I have seen on his work Naked Lunch, where things seem to be so intricately eccentric. Hell, this may even be how he concocted the setting for the story, Interzone. My cut-up project in class did generate some interesting sentences and quirky thoughts; however, seeing everyone perform in class gave me a newer perspective on where I may go with the final cut-up project. Titles I think can create new thoughts together, though its going to be a challenge to try and not put things together so that they sound syntactically and semantically correct. Where this concept is going, I have no idea. But I'm liking it.

No comments:

Post a Comment