Wednesday, October 6

Cut-up Project :)

I loved the idea of getting to do this and then reflecting on what I came up with or what everyone else came up with. Just like everyone else, I was very tempted to put funny words together to make it a weird, but interesting story. However, I didn't, and I still came up with a pretty decent collage of words and phrases that created somewhat of a new meaning. Maybe not as well as what I had hoped though. The one I did in class will not be the one I will use for my final project. I am hoping to re-try it for my final project, but this time with more of a variety of magazine genres and possibly sources other than magazines. But all in all, I absolutely love doing things like this. It really struck me how much this project resembles the Manifesto video we watched. I was really in awe the first day of class when we watched that clip and they showed how The Verve's song Bittersweet Symphony traced all the way back to a bluegrass/folk singer from forever ago. I guess I knew of that kind of stuff happening and that it is out there, but the way that they put it together, meshing the songs into one another and showing how they stole a sound from each, really interested me. That is another reason I found the cut-up project so interesting because it is doing the same process, just in a different form.

It makes you realize that our entire world is just one big cut-up project!! :-p

No comments:

Post a Comment