Tuesday, October 5

Cut-Up Reflection

My feelings on the project was actually pretty varied. When I heard about it at first, I thought, "Oh cool, we get to get all these texts and I guess make some sort of purposeful collage out of it." But when we were told to not purposefully make any sense out of it -- that we ought to leave it all up to spontaneity and randomness -- I was kind of incredulous. What I ended up doing was clipping pieces of random pages from a book and inserting them in within paragraphs of another book. The results were varied -- sometimes they make no sense, other times they flow rather nicely. I think what's interesting is how some new "words" are randomly created out of the process. Some of the pieces turned out almost poetic and cryptic at the same time so I thought that was really cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment